Our Commitment to Privacy
What Kind of Information Does Pact Collect from Me?
We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, email address, postal address, date of birth, phone number, and credit/debit card number when you place an order online or by phone, create an account with us online, contact us with a question or concern, or participate in a contest, promotion, or survey. We only store your order history and contact information. We do not store or process your credit/debit card information on our servers. We may also collect information related to your browsing history, search history and your interaction with the website or our advertisements. If you search or purchase products on our website, we may also collect information related to the product categories you are interested in and/or the types of products purchased.
By submitting a telephone number to Pact you agree that a representative of Pact, or a third party on behalf of Pact, can contact you at the number you provide, potentially using automated technology (including texts/SMS messaging) or a pre-recorded message. Your consent is not an obligation to receive any of our products.
How Does Pact Use My Information?
The use of your information is primarily to enable us to provide you with products through our website, but we may also use your personal information in the following ways:
- To process and fulfill your order, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment;
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications;
- To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions;
- For personalization of your experiences with us, including to: remember your interests and preferences; customize the products and services we share with you; track and categorize your activity and interests on our website, including by identifying the different devices you use; and to enrich your experience on our website;
- For marketing and advertising, such as to: send you marketing and advertising communications; and to customize the marketing and advertising that we show you;
- For analytics, such as to: understand how you use our website; understand how you shop with us; and to improve our website;
- To analyze trends and statistics; and/or,
- To contact you if necessary.
- To check for fraudulent credit card transactions.
We may use your navigational information to analyze trends and traffic to our website.
Does Pact Share or Disclose My Information?
- Direct Mail
We use third parties to improve our ability to identify visitors to our website. As part of this service, we may make available identifiers to these third parties including our visitors’ IP addresses, cookies, and hashed versions of email addresses captured from your visit. We, and third parties, use this data to obtain more information about our visitors and reach out to them through other channels, such as email and/or direct mail. You have the right to opt-out of this activity. To opt-out, please visit wearpact.com and click the Catalog Unsubscribe link found in the footer of the website.
All the above categories exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
When you place an order on wearpact.com or by phone, your credit/debit card information is securely transferred to Braintree, one of the largest and most trusted payment gateway providers. Your contact information is sent to our warehouse so that they can fulfill your order. We may also share your information with other third parties as necessary to provide our products to you and to help us market or advertise to you. These third parties may also use such information to allow us to analyze our customer base in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products and services offered and/or to enhance your experience with us. We implement written agreements with third parties like Braintree which require those third parties to protect and secure your data in accordance with this policy as well as applicable laws.
We may also disclose your information to third parties where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party, whether through bankruptcy proceedings or other sale or merger, where we are legally required to disclose your information, including, but not limited to, pursuant to a valid subpoena, order, search warrant or other law enforcement request, or where we are contractually obligated to disclose it.
Where we disclose personal information for a purpose set forth herein, we enter a contract with the third party that describes the purpose and requires the third-party recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We may share your information with Signifyd, a third-party credit card fraud identifier, in order to confirm that purchases are not fraudulent.
We may share your information with third party analytics providers and our marketing partners. If you are California resident, you may have certain opt-out rights related to this sharing. See section below “California Privacy Rights Notice.”
Pact does not share your information with any other third party other than those outlined above unless we are permitted or required to do so by law.
Pact and its marketing partners use form elements and/or cookies to collect information and enable certain technology solutions used to operate our online store and to market our products. A cookie is a short line of text that attached to your browser when you visit a website or view a particular advertisement. This cookie can then be identified to determine how often you have visited a website or seen particular advertisement. Cookies are otherwise generic and cannot be used to access any other information on your device.
Pact may also use this information to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the way the website and pact technology works and looks, and to create new features and functionality. Cookie data may also be used by Pact marketing partners to enhance our customers' advertising experience on wearpact.com or other venues across the internet.
All devices have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
We do not use flash cookies on our website.
Below is a list of the types of cookies we use on our Site and the purpose for which we use them:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are needed for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or use a shopping cart.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by assisting Users at easily finding what they are looking for.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Additionally, our website also works with third-party products or services (“Service Providers”) to offer and present our website to you. These Service Providers may include [Klaviyo, Meta Pixel, Google, Pinterest, Tatari and TikTok ], as well as other Service Providers who help us track and analyze our website User activity, measure the effectiveness of our advertising and fundraising efforts, and support the optimization of our digital campaigns.
We are not responsible for the effectiveness or compliance of third-party opt-out mechanisms or programs. Please note that if you remove your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again. Your opt out is specific to the browser you are using and the device you use to access the website. Therefore, if you use multiple browsers or devices you will need to opt out on each browser or device. You can access the information on our website without enabling cookies in your browser, but disabling cookies may result in a diminished ability to take advantage of the services and related informational content on our website.
Additionally, as noted above, our website uses pixels which are HTML code snippets that are loaded when a user visits a website or opens an email. It is useful for tracking user behavior and activity. With a tracking pixel, advertisers can get data for online marketing, web analysis or email marketing. If such data is analyzed in a particular way, the data collected through these pixels can be used for other purposes as well, for example retargeting/behavioral advertising.
For example, we deploy the Meta Pixel on our website. The Meta Pixel may enable Facebook to match website visitors with their Facebook User Accounts. You can find out more about how Facebook collects and uses data by clicking here.
If you’d like to disable these tracking pixels, there are a number of ways in which you can prevent your data from being collected by tracking pixels:
- Set browser and email settings to be as restrictive as possible such that external graphics are only supported after permission, and HTML emails are not supported. Appropriate firewall settings can also do this.
- Some browser extensions can be used to make tracking pixels visible (e.g. PixelBlock, uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere, etc.).
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page.
How do I change my cookie settings?
Most internet browsers accept cookies by default, but you can change your browser preferences to block or restrict cookies if you do not want your web browsing activity tracked. Please note that some cookies are necessary for our Site to run and, as such, cannot be declined. However, such cookies do not collect any personal information. If you choose, you may use the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) WebChoices Tool to globally opt out of third-party tracking via website cookies. There are also a variety of other tools publicly available to manage cookies and similar technologies that collect information related to your use of our Site. To learn more about cookies and modifying your browser settings related to these cookies you can review guidance from the FTC.
We are not responsible for the effectiveness or compliance of third-party opt-out mechanisms or programs. Please note that if you remove your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again. Your opt out is specific to the browser you are using and the device you use to access the Site. Therefore, if you use multiple browsers or devices you will need to opt out on each browser or device. You can access the information on our Site without enabling cookies in your browser, but disabling cookies may result in a diminished ability to take advantage of the services and related informational content on our Site.
You can update your cookie preferences here.
How Do I Access or Change My Information?
You can review and change certain personal information related to your use of wearpact.com (such as your name and contact information). To access your information, simply Log In to your account using your email address and password, and you will be able to edit your personal information in your customer dashboard.
How Do I Make Choices About Receiving Promotional Communications?
Pact wants to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive promotional information, such as information about special offers and sales events, you can let us know by contacting us via wearpact.com/support. Additionally, you can opt out of email messages at any time by clicking the “opt-out/Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing message you have received from us.
Please be sure to include your full name and the email address you used when you registered with or made a purchase on wearpact.com or by phone. If you ask us to remove your name and address from promotional lists, we will maintain your name in a "do not contact" file. It may take up to 10 business days to process your email request, during which period you may continue to receive communications from us.
Please note that when you make additional purchases at wearpact.com or by phone, we will continue to confirm your order status and shipment by email. We may also need to contact you via telephone, email or postal mail with questions or information regarding your order.
How Do I Know My Personal Information is Secure?
We strive to provide you with a safe and convenient shopping experience. We use commercially reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information we collect on our website. When you enter your personal information on wearpact.com, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us and then to Braintree for payment processing.
However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of information sent to us electronically through our website, and the transmission of your information is therefore entirely at your own risk. Please note that we will never request your password, username, credit card information or other personal information through email.
What About Links to Other Websites?
Users Only of Legal Age of Majority
Our website is designed and intended for those who have reached the age of majority (18 years of age). By using our website, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age or older. We are not liable for any damages that may result from a user’s misrepresentation of age.
No one under age 13 is authorized to submit or post any information, including personal information, on our website. Under no circumstances may anyone under age 13 use our website. Parents or legal guardians of children under 13 cannot agree to these terms on their behalf.
California Privacy Rights Act
If you reside in a state which affords its residents certain consumer privacy rights and you have provided personally identifiable information to us, you may request information about our disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at one of the following addresses: Wear Pact, LLC, 2045 Broadway, Suite 100, Boulder, CO 80302 or call 1-800-662-7228.
Consumer Privacy Rights under State Laws
As applicable, if you are a resident of certain states in which consumers are afforded certain rights over their data, you may have the following rights under consumer privacy rights laws:
- to know what categories of personal information about you we have collected and used, including how the personal information was collected.
- to know what categories of personal information are being sold or disclosed and if such information is being sold or disclosed to third parties, a list of categories of information that are sold, or, if applicable, to know that your personal information has not been sold.
- to opt out of the sale or sharing of your personal information, as applicable.
- to access your personal information, including the right to download or transfer personal information collected during the previous 12 months.
- to request that your personal information be deleted.
- to request that your personal information be corrected if it is inaccurate.
- to request that use of your sensitive personal information be restricted to limited purposes, such as delivering your products.
- to equal service and equal price for goods or services even if you exercise your rights under applicable law.
If you want to exercise any of your rights as set forth above, please contact us at CCPAcontact@wearpact.com or 1-800-662-7228. For all requests, it is helpful to put the statement “Consumer Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, describe the nature of your request, and provide your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In your request, you need to attest to the fact that you are a resident of a state that grants these rights and provide a current address for our response. For more information on these rights and details related to submitting a request, click here.
We will not discriminate or retaliate against you for exercising any of your rights under these laws. Unless permitted by applicable law, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
European Union Resident Rights
If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We may use your personal information, including your contact information, in order to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you, including to process and fulfill your order, to check for credit card fraud via our third-party partner Signifyd, and to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment.
- We may use your personal information where we have a legitimate interest in doing so, including to communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, or other means about our products and services and to improve and secure those products and services.
- We may process your personal information where we determine it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- We may process your personal information where we receive your consent to do so. Where we rely on your consent for processing your personal information, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
If you are located in the European Union, subject to applicable exemptions and limitations, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that such personal information be erased, corrected or transferred. You may also have the right to object to our processing or your personal information or to request that we restrict certain processing.
If any further information is needed, you may contact our GDPR Representative:
Osano International Compliance Services Limited
25/28 North Wall Quay
Dublin 1, D01 H104
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice's effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.